Q: "What does it cost for monochrome 3D renderings from my kitchen floor plan design I provide you?"
A: The cost for a PDF set of 3D monochrome renderings of a medium sized kitchen, about 10–12 views, is typically $800.
- The renderings will be formatted on the sheet size of your choice (letter, tabloid, Arch C, Arch D) with your title block and customer information.
- The cost can vary depending on the size of the project and the supporting information you give me to work with.
- I will always give you an estimate before starting your project.
Q: "How do I get started?"
A: I need some information from you about your project. The more the better for both of us.
- Floor plan with dimensions, hand drawn or CAD.(link to examples)
- Notes about what you want to happen in the space or things you think I need to know.
- Supporting images for styling.
- Any plan details that I need to know supported by sketches or images with as much dimensioning as you can provide.
- Existing photos of the space.
Q: "What rendering program do you use?"
A: I use SketchUp Pro 2018.
Q: "How easy is it to change things once you've made the 1st set of drawings?"
A: It's easy. The model is very dynamic, so changes can also be very focused. I save versions of changes so we can easily revisit an earlier plan.
Q: "How do I edit the plans if I want to make changes?"
A: Since I don't make mistakes and you never change your mind, there won't be any edits, or–
- Opt.1–Call and tell me what you want changed.
- Opt.2–Print the plan set (Arch C and D are readable on 11 x 17), do your edits/notes, scan, email me back the edited pages.
- Opt.3–Edit the drawing directly with a PDF editor, email me back.
Q: "Will you use my title block and logo, customer information and paper size?"
A: Yes. I will copy all your info and sheet size so the work looks consistent with your branding.
Q: "Can you create dimensioned floor plans and elevations of my plan and what does it cost?"
A: Yes. The 3D model in SketchUp converts to a scaled 2D floor plan and elevations from which I dimension and annotate the plans. The cost usually equals the 3D portion of the project, around $800, for a simple 2D plan set (floor plan and elevations). Other plans such as existing/demo,lighting, etc. can be quoted.